Make this festive party treat to welcome your guests into the New Year.
- 1 cup Sparkling cider or sparkling lemonade
- 2 Packets gelatin
- 3/4 cup Sparkling wine (such as champagne or prosecco)
- 1/4 cup Vodka
- 2 tablespoons Sanding sugar
- Prepare Molds: Use plastic shot glasses. Spray them lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle the sanding sugar in the bottom of the molds.
- Soften gelatin. Whisk together sparkling cider or lemonade with 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over the top and allow to rest for over 5 min until the gelatin is softened and the liquids surface is slightly wrinkled.
- Dissolve the gelatin. Warm the liquid over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until the gelatin is dissolved. Do not let boil. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the vodka and champagne.
- Distribute the liquid evenly among the molds. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.